Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Countdown to DC Fest

Thursday, December 11, 2008

While reading my bible today..

I never know where my bible will take me from day to day. I just open it up and start reading whatever chapter the bible opens to. Today it opened to the book of Enoch, it has been a long time since I had read the book of Enoch. Within Enoch it talks of the parables. Parables are stories to learn lessons from, it also speaks of the book of life.

Is your name in the book of life? This lead me to study reasons for not being included in the book of life. The first, not TRUELY accepting God into your life. But there are other reasons.

So I went to the net to use the online bible studies to find references as to why a person may not be included in the book of life, and here is some of what I found. By the way, when you need answers, remember our bibles are LIVING, they speak to us when we need spoken to.

"He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence" Psalm 101:7

This passage is in reference to telling lies. People who are deceitful are unable to truly understand God. If they understood God, they would change their ways. God warns us against lying. Not only are we not to lie to brethren, we are not to lie to anyone. If we are lying, whether it is habitually lying or telling what many people call white lies ", we need to discontinue lying. Lies do NOT come in colors. A lie is a lie. You don't sugar-coat lies. Wrong is wrong and there are no two ways about it. We need to pray that we will stop the lying. Not only are we being deceptive, we are placing ourselves in spiritual jeopardy. We need to pray that we are released from this endangerment. This will also take strength and action on our part. The penalty that is to be dealt out to liars by God is of the harshest kind. Liars are absolutely kept out from heaven. Those found guilty of this sin are separated from the face of God and cast into the lake of fire.

"You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man" Psalm 5:6
" But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8
" Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" Hebrews 12:14
" But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie." Revelation 22:15

The bible says that those who lie will be cast into the Lake of Fire, I don't know about you, but I think I would rather spend my eternity in heaven feasting and fellowshipping than in a firepit. That would really hurt.

1 comment:

  1. You are a bright woman who knows her Bible well. The Lake of Fire will for sure set to fire those who have lied in this journey. I am parying for you and your boys and know that those who are spreading lies, will suffer great sores in their mouths for doing so and will end up in the Lake of Fire the bible speaks of.

    ReplyDelete