Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Countdown to DC Fest

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sometimes a movie can touch us and give is strength

A few days ago I was not feeling well, and to top it off it was a little rainy outside, not a downpour, it was the kind of rain that is depressive, it just drizzles and drizzles all day long making it hard to be outside, and it was a cold rain to add to the other factors. So I decided to just rest for the day, try and sleep a little, relax and let whatever it was that was making me not feel so well would just go away.
While resting I decided to turn on the TV in my room and take in a movie or two on Lifetime Movie Network. I love having this station on my TV lineup; most of the stories presented in movie form are from real life stories that people live. We can all learn from these types of movies.
I was watching a movie about a teenage girl who had a traumatic event to happen in her life and she acted out in ways that were not appropriate, her actions were her way of dealing with the pain that she felt inside. Yes her way of dealing was wrong, but you see when the event happened in her life that affected her, she did not have a support system to lift her up in the ways that she needed. So she resounded to the only way she found to dull the pain she felt inside.
As the story progressed another event happened to her. The second traumatic event was a result of the actions she took to deal with the first traumatic event. The event that happened was very illegal and dealt with a boy from the same town who felt like he was untouchable. He would brag that no one would do anything about it because his family was untouchable. The thing is, this was not the first time he had done these things to a girl, but because of his stature, none of the other girls would step forward and talk. His family would make threats; he would threaten abuse and carry himself like he could not be touched.
The girl was threatened, and talked about, but she kept her head held high. The other girls who were victim to the things this boy had done seen how strong the girl was, and even though they were scared they decided to come forward for the girl. A lot of things happened along the way, the girl’s family was harassed, threatened, and degraded, however in the end all the girls come forward and the boy’s family money and stature did him no good. He was convicted of his crimes and had to pay for what he had done.
Seeing how strong this young lady was and how she fought for justice and the truth gave me inspiration. She won her case and I know now that I can too. No matter how hard people come at me, no matter what people want to say, true or not true, I know the truth and the truth will prevail.
Sometimes no words that people say can help you feel better about your situation, sometimes it takes seeing a true story unfold to give you renewed faith in seeking justice. My drive is now harder than it has ever been. I again have the faith to never stop until I prove the truth. And much like the girl in the movie, I have people who were scared to talk, but have agreed to in order to help me. WHY? Because they too were hurt by the same people and even though many years may have passed and there is little to no hope that they will ever find their own justice, they know the personal pain that I have and want to help so that I do not have to live like they have all those years.

No comments:

Post a Comment